Let's Talk Academia: Work in Progress

So once again, the blog's been on the quiet side.  It's been a pretty intense and hectic couple of weeks, filled with deadlines, teaching duties, research trips, conference planning, and general PhD life.  BUT, I have managed to do a bit of extra-thesis writing, which is always a great way to procrastinate.  A little while back, I was asked if I might contribute another guest post to a really fantastic blog run by AHRC NWCDTP student Emily Lynn at the University of Lancaster, 'Let's Talk Academia'.  Some of you may remember that I did a short Q&A piece for this blog a few months ago, so I was delighted to be able to contribute another piece.  This time, I discussed my experiences presenting in my department's work in progress seminar series.  I won't give too much away here, so follow the link below to find out more!


letstalkacademia.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/work-in-progress-facing-my-fears.html

And yes, there will be some new posts appearing here very soon!  I have a piece on a recent NWCDTP engagement and research impact event I attended a coupel of weeks ago, some bits and bobs on the texts I've been looking at for my actual PhD work, and some more pieces on life beyond the PhD in the pipeline, so watch this space!

:)

Comments

Popular Posts!

Learning to Love…Ovid!

The Importance of Going Outside

Summer of Classics 2015: Sicily and the Valle dei Templi